Our firm advises numerous clients in respect of issues related to protection of personal data and comprehensive compliance projects in respect of protection of personal data.
As of 2021, our compliance team has completed more than 70 data protection compliance projects. Under the scope of the compliance project; the team has assisted the clients by (i) drafting/reviewing necessary documentation such as information notes, explicit consent letters, data security policies; (ii) providing trainings to employees of the clients; (iii) performing registration of the clients to Turkish Data Controller Registry; (iv) preparing applications to be made to Turkish Board of Protection of Personal Data for transfer of personal data abroad without explicit consent of data subjects.
Legal services provided regarding data privacy include the following, but are not limited to those:
Consultancy Regarding Data Protection Matters
- Providing consultancy to clients regarding data protection matters such as processing activities concerning employees and consumers, drafting the necessary documents such as consent letters, information notices
- Reviewing the agreement regarding data protection such as data transfer protocols
- Assisting the clients with notifications to be made to authorities regarding security breaches
Full Data Protection Compliance Projects
- Analyzing the data protection activities of the clients
- Drafting the necessary documents such as consent letters, information notices, data storage and destruction policy, data inventory
- Assisting the clients with registration to Data Controller Registry
- Providing training to clients’ employees regarding data protection matters
- Drafting data transfer agreements to be submitted to the authorities